At AllofE, the Administrative Assistant has the opportunity to play a variety of roles. Not only will they learn to navigate our complex software system and acquire an in-depth understanding of all that happens at AllofE, but they are also the friendliest people we know – masters of phone calls and professionals at organization.
The Ideal Candidate
– Is extremely organized
– Proactively tackles any problems that come their way
– Knows how to throw a great party
– Enjoys working on a variety of different things at the same time
– Is always looking for ways to keep the ship running smoothly
– Acquire an in-depth understanding of our systems & software
– Taking calls and transferring to the appropriate party
– Tracking & purchasing supplies (snacks, pens, folders, paper towels, etc.)
– Maintaining office (watering plants, stocking printer, etc.)
– Test systems for quality and usability
– Maintain websites
- Bachelor’s degree in any major
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of web applications (Office applications, Google applications, Dropbox, etc.)
- Proficient in client communication as well as internal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely quick to learn
- Able to work in a team-based environment
- Must be a US Permanent Resident or Citizen
- Proficiency with video, photo, and audio software (Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, iMovie, etc.)
- Further education or experience in management
- Strong communication background
Day In The Life
9:00 AM | Arrive at the office, clock in, and check voicemail for overnight messages.
10:30 AM | The snack inventory is all out of Oreos. prepare a list to get in more Oreos and other snacks that are running low.
11:00 AM | An interviewee arrives for her 11:30 interview. Greet her, get her a bottle of water, and notify the interviewer she has arrived.
12:00 PM | Head out for lunch.
1:00 PM | The conference room is in need of a new projector. Research the possibilities and prepare a selection of possible projectors with features and prices.
2:00 PM | The implementation team assigns you a task to create forms for a new client. Piece of cake.
3:30 PM | Time for your Standup. Head to the infamous UnderHall in order to meet with this weeks small group on what you’ve been working on, and hearing what they’ve been working on. |
4:15 PM | A student at a client university calls with problems logging in to eMedley. Direct her to the help desk at her university.
6:00 PM | Clock out, say goodbyes, and head home for the night. The night is yours.