Senior Software Developer
While the developers control the creation and management of our systems, the Senior Developers control the platforms and infrastructure upon which our system rests. They will constantly be working on new product and application developments in the deepest levels of our system, while simultaneously leading developers in their constant enhancement and management of the product.
– Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software along with the software infrastructure
– Manage individual and team-based project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
– Work with new developers in order to get them up to speed with our system and development methodology
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent in experience
- 3+ years of web-based software development experience
- Ability to learn and apply new programming languages extremely quickly
- Adapts quickly to AllofE’s development methodology and component infrastructure
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Database management and data retrieval experience
- Must be a US Permanent Resident or Citizen
- Prior experience leading a development project from design to implementation
- Further Computer Science or technical field education (Master’s, Ph.D.)
- Experience in web-based application development
- Experience in mobile and responsive development
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge in the areas of database management, machine learning, natural language processing, server architecture, source control, software security, distributed and parallel systems
Day In The Life
9:00 AM | Arrive at the office, clock in, and check your task board
9:30 AM |Meet with the developer who you were helping last night to make sure they understand it now and can finish up.
10:00 AM | Finish up that change to the the data file upload system, and create a test plan. Assign it to one of your developers.
11:00 AM | The developer has hit a snag in your test plan, and needs some explanation.
12:30 PM | Head out for lunch.
1:30 PM | During lunch, a feature request was… requested. Look it over, assign the easier pieces to developers, and start working on the more complex parts.
3:30 PM |Time for your Standup. Head to the infamous UnderHall in order to hear about what others have been working on.
4:15 PM | After grabbing a snack from the snack bar, get back to the coding grind.
5:30 PM | Check-in with the developers you manage in order to make sure they’re ahead of deadlines and are on the right track.
6:00 PM | Clock out, say goodbyes, and head home for the night. The night is yours.